Submarine chaser SC 166 was built at Howard E. Wheeler shipyard in Brooklyn, New York. SC 166 was delivered to the navy yard in New York on 1 March 1918 and commissioned on 23 March. This chaser was assigned to the Second Naval District, and served in Newport. It was decommissioned on 8 September 1919, and sold on 24 June 1921.
Photograph of submarine chaser SC 166 under way: T. Woofenden Collection.
Photograph of submarine chaser SC 166 in New York courtesy of Larry Messmer.