Submarine chaser SC 165 was built at Wheeler Shipbuilding Corp., and commissioned in New York on 23 March, 1918.
- SC 165 image from the personal log book of Ens. Joseph Grimes, submitted by Rickie Miller
- Section of a photo showing SC 165 in a group of chasers, submitted by Betsy Steen.
SC 165 served in the Second Naval District (Newport), and was in a group of chasers that went overseas but arrived just as the war was ending.