Submarine chaser SC 428 was commissioned at Philadelphia Navy Yard on 28 December 1918. This chaser was placed out of commission in March, 1921, and was sold to the City of Balitimore on 16 May 1921.
First photo: Postcard showing SC 428 fitted out as a the Balitimore fireboat "Cascade." Thanks to Jim Pasquill for donating the card to The Subchaser Archives.
Second photo: Subchaser SC 428 and other chasers. T. Woofenden Collection