Submarine Chaser SC 296 was built at the Puget Sound Naval Shipyard in Bremerton, WA, and was commissioned at Puget Sound on 13 April, 1918.
This photo shows the chaser early post-war, en route from Charlston, SC to Seattle.
Caption: "SC 296 in full dress. Taking on gas at Key West, Fla. Feb. 22nd 1919."
Thanks to Carlton Simons for submitting the image scan to The Subchaser Archives