Subchaser SC 138 in 1918, built at Hodgdon Yacht:
Image from the collection of the Boothbay Region Historical Society. SC 138 was commissioned at Portsmouth, NH, and served on the Atlantic coast of the U.S. during the war, assigned to the First Naval District. The chasers assigned to the First District engaged in patrol duties. SC 138 was placed out of commission at Newark, NJ, and was sold on 24 June 1921.