SC 167 was comissioned on April 8, 1918, and was based at Newport for the duration of the war. This photo appears to be a post-war shot, given that wartime equipment is missing (such as the Y-gun, K-tube, and bearing indicator.) Thanks to Steve Smith for submitting the photo scan to the Archives. The photo is from the collection of his grandfather, who was deployed overseas with the 317th infantry.
Photograph of submarine chaser SC 167, courtesy of Steve Smith.