Submarine chaser SC 111 was built at the Charleston Naval Shipyard, and was commissioned at Charleston on 30 March 1918.
This chaser served in the Sixth Naval District, and was later assigned to the USS Patterson Special Hunting Group.
The officers (in December 1918) were J.G. Leland (CO) and R. A. Bohn (XO). Ens. Leland was division commander of "Mike" division, consisting of SC 111, SC 270, SC 72, SC 126, SC 210 and SC 312.
Subchaser SC 111 was decomissioned on 22 May 1920 at Washington Navy Yard, and sold 24 June 1921.
Thanks to Eric Hellam for submitting the photo scan to The Subchaser Archives.